Futuristic dreams

A few weeks ago I had a very vivid dream, about the future. In the first part of a dream I saw a "flying vehicle" but it was quite unlike what we think when one says a flying vehicle. This was more of a public transport kind of commute with the only difference being that it could fly. Also, it looked very unique: The base was a hexagon and covered with what looked like a solar panel, so I guess it ran on solar power. 6-8 people could sit in it facing each other. One end of this capsule-like body was connected by a long rod to a rudder-like device that was maneuvering the entire vehicle. The body of the hexagon was transparent and plasma like. Folks ready for work were waiting in their balconies, where this vehicle would fly to and "park", waiting for the commuter to get in: the plasma like substance would dissolve making way for the person to get in and take his seat and then it would seal itself, thereby giving the passengers protection against wind/rain etc. It would then take off and it would be business as usual, with folks catching up with each other, discussing the day's news, their work life and so on, as they were being flown to work. The entire vehicle seemed to be controlled by some kind of an AI that made announcements every time it was going to "park" in front of someone's balcony and before take off. Interesting, isn't it? Wonder if such a device or a variant would function anytime in the future and if yes, what would it be called? Any ideas?

Below is a very rough sketch of what I saw, that I made as soon as I woke up and realized what an interesting dream I had had!



The second part of the same dream was a bit dark, I was walking around this future world, still fascinated with the above flying vehicles going about their business in the sky, where I saw an arrow shaped metallic object zooming past. The arrow was red in color and upon focus I realized it was going after two men trying to run away from it. Soon, the arrow caught up to it and an announcement was in the air (by the AI?), warning civilians to step away from these two as they were convicted felons on the run from prison and since the punishment for that is execution, it was going to carry it out now. The front section of the arrow opened and it fired 2 bullets - one for each felon and instantly killed them. Furthermore, it made them vanish. Someone next to me told me it was a DNA bomb, which basically means wiping both people off the planet without a trace of their DNA left. It felt like they disappeared in an instant, nothing gory about it but still I felt sad that there was no scope for a cremation or a burial, no chance for family, if any, to mourn their loss. To me it felt like the government (or was it AI?) was authoritative and went only with black or white kind of rules. I woke up still shaken with what I saw and spent a lot of time thinking about the pros and cons of such a world, what would lead to the formation of such systems and the repercussions it would have on humanity as a whole. Good fodder for thought!




Comments